We all know that practice is essential to growth in Tang Soo Do. The challenge that most people face is getting started and staying on track.
Here are my top 5 tips regarding practice.
- Know Your Why – Having purpose to practice is important. What is yours?
- Make It a Habit – Not practicing can be a habit too. Start small (twice per week for 5 min) with this new positive habit.
- Be Specific – Be sure to be specific with what you want to improve during your practice time.
- Make it Fun – Try practicing in the water, beach or the backyard. Listen to some music. Create an atmosphere of focused fun for yourself.
- Track Your Progress – Develop a system to help you measure your practice. I personally use a spread sheet to help me keep on track.